- 1 Lent 2017 – Fasting and Abstinence Obligations for Catholics
- 2 10 Things to Remember For Lent
- 3 Alumni urged to support their former schools
- 4 Luweero Gets First Canon Law Court
- 5 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
- 6 Schedule for Apostolic Voyage in Uganda
- 7 Pope Francis Visits Uganda
- 8 Catholic Church mourns its former Secretary General
- 9 Bishop Paul L. Kalanda, R.I.P.
- 10 Catholic Church Launches Shs1.5 Billion Project
During Lent, the Church asks us to surrender ourselves to prayer and to the reading of Scripture, to fasting and to giving alms. The fasting that all do together on Fridays is but a sign of the daily Lenten discipline of individuals and households: fasting for certain periods of time, fasting from certain foods, but also fasting from other things and activities. Likewise, the giving of alms is some effort to share this world equally—not only through the distribution of money, but through the sharing of our time and talents. Contemplate the......