- 1 10 Things to Remember For Lent
- 2 Alumni urged to support their former schools
- 3 Luweero Gets First Canon Law Court
- 4 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom
- 5 Schedule for Apostolic Voyage in Uganda
- 6 Pope Francis Visits Uganda
- 7 Catholic Church mourns its former Secretary General
- 8 Bishop Paul L. Kalanda, R.I.P.
- 9 Catholic Church Launches Shs1.5 Billion Project
- 10 Bishop Ssemogerere Asks MPs to Reject Proposed Pro-Abortion Law
Bishop David L. Ricken of Green Bay, Wisconsin, former chairman of the Committee on Evangelization and Catechesis of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), offers “10 Things to Remember for Lent”: Remember the formula. The Church does a good job capturing certain truths with easy-to-remember lists and formulas: 10 Commandments, 7 sacraments, 3 persons in the Trinity. For Lent, the Church gives us almost a slogan—Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving—as the three things we need to work on during the season. It’s a time of prayer. Lent is essentially an act of......